View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-09-08, 14:32

Looks like I'm the only one here who claims to like it. [EDIT: Nevermind, someone else already voted that they like it as well. I was first though!] I don't know, I'm kind of bothered by the way Apple just completely ignores all their own interface guidelines when designing their apps, but now at least they're starting to bring all their applications together to form a new "standard." Maybe it's their way of distinguishing Apple apps from third-party ones? I don't know, but at least the Apple apps are all starting to look the same (again).

The problem, of course, is that some apps go for a really long time with no updates, and Apple seems pretty fickle about changing the interface on new ones. So by the time, say, iCal gets a much-needed update, they've already moved on to yet another new interface "standard."

Oh well, the way I see it, things could be worse. As Mac users, the only nits we have to pick are little interface inconsistencies. Look at Windows or Linux! You can't even begin to look at interface inconsistencies there because there are so many other major issues that affect the basic usability of those OSes. We Mac users have it good.