View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-10-19, 15:10

Real-life experience will tell how distracting this is, especially when you're in Light Mode. A fat dark blob right in the center of the menu bar.

But I've never found it distracting on my iPhone. In fact, I go through entire days of not noticing it at all. It's a bummer that the status bar shows far fewer items (but I find it hardly matters since you can swipe down from Control Center to get them all), and it looks just plain weird when in landscape with the video fully zoomed in (but I rarely do that, since the aspect ratio is so unusual anyway).

I guess if the display were 16:9, it would be painful to watch full-screen video. But it's taller than 16:10, even, so… I dunno. I get the impression you'll hardly notice, especially in Dark Mode (which I'm not fond of).

I would also guess someone will make a tool to simply move the menu bar back below the camera. You'll still have a 16:10 resolution, and the notch becomes a bezel.