View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-27, 12:35

Probably depends on the program. I know some of that high-end creative software can have a lot of menu headings that, even on those higher-resolution displays, could reach all the way across the bar and hit that notch area.

That was the very first thing I wondered about last Monday after the presentation ended..."but what happens if you have one of those crazy applications with a boatload of menu headings? Where do they go when they reach the notch? Do they side-scroll? Do they pop out on the other side? Do you have to do a right-click thing to see the rest of them? Do they drop down below the standard menu, so you've got drop-downs of drop-downs? Do things actually 'hide' behind the notch and you have to do some key-combo to nudge them over so you can see them? But what if...", and so on.

I already had my questions/concerns, nine solid days ago.

I've yet to see, hear or read anything that's made me go "ah, gotcha...makes total sense, and actually is a better approach (vs. just making the top bezel a bit taller to hold the camera)!"

But I'm open, and if I'm proven wrong on all this I'm big enough to cop to it say so. No ego here.

Just not prepared to do so on day two...

I'm not "anti-notch". I'm anti-stuff-not-being-the-ideal-approach-when-other-proven-things-are.

Way more space to work with on 14" and 16" notebook display, vs. 5-6" iPhone display (which is why nobody here has ever heard me utter one word against the iPhone notch, in over four years). It has never bothered me, and it makes sense there, to be luggable/pocketable with a small-as-possible body. It's a whole different thing to solve/accommodate.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-10-27 at 12:57.