View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-28, 11:39

These new MacBook Pros are great. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I needed that performance, definitely. It's the notebook everyone has been wanting for five-plus years, and one that truly lives up to its name. The $200 bump didn't even bum me out because the size increase, improved camera, reinstated ports - not to mention all that new power/performance - seems to justify it. A person, whatever their occupation/profession is, knows if this machine is for them...and they'll cough up the $$$ as needed.

It's as perfect and dialed-in a Mac as anything they've put out in the past decade or so, in terms of giving customers what they wanted and living up to its name.

Worth the wait.

I look forward to seeing what comes of that pending updated/redesigned Air(?) in 2022...I think some features will be carried over (screen size, keyboard, improved camera, etc.). And if they lose the tapered wedge, as several rumors have talked about, then there's your extra room for a fan and/or more battery. It needn't be as thick as the Pro, so I can see it being a slimmer, slightly lighter 14" MacBook Pro, with the off-white accents and possible colors (at least 1-2, maybe the ones that are selling the best on the 24" iMac?*) that immediately sets it apart, visually (and none of the high-end features in the Pro, of course). A perfect successor to the M1-based $999 Air/$1,299 MacBook Pro, I'm thinking.

*Recall that even during the full-tilt iFruit era, where the jellybean iMac had 5-6 colors (if you include graphite), the iBook never had as many options, spending much of its time as Blueberry or Tangerine early on, and then eventually Graphite, Indigo and Key Lime. It never got strawberry, grape, Snow, Ruby, the patterns, etc.). So a 2022 Air successor may be offered in just sliver, blue and ??? And if you roll the Key Lime factor into the equation, then the updated Air could even get a unique color, just for it, that never appeared on the iMac. 2022 is going to be fun.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-10-28 at 11:56.