View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-01-05, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
So uhh... has anyone else seen a Brad on horseback that isn't Brad on horseback over near the entrance to Bradtropolis? It follows you, then gets bored, then seems to want to interact somehow. Very eerie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Speaking of Bradtropolis, big thanks to real Brad for rebuilding the bridge that was out for a while - no more swimming across!
It was long overdue!

Speaking of (re)building things, I recently did some sprucing up around the old spawn area...

Bruce's old giant charcoal factory seemed to have stopped working and was badly misbehaving near the end after feeding it a couple stacks of logs. I went inside and spent an hour or so last week debugging, reverse engineering, and slapping up lots of signs to explain what's going on at different stages. Hopefully that can also guide fixes if it ever gets wedged again. All the blocks themselves appeared to be fine. I suspect that maybe the server update or some other restart may have borked the redstone signal in some weird way, and it needed a hard power cycling in a few places. As of a couple days ago, everything in there should be in perfect working order again, including the "item debugger" that rejects the wrong kinds of inputs.

While I was on a redstone tear, I'd been wanting to fix the ancient abandoned cobblestone generator that has been sitting behind the melon arch for basically forever. I did fix it, buuuuut then I quickly scrambled to break it again because the rows of cobblestone it generated quickly shot out and destroyed one side of the melon arch! After sufficiently killing the circuit again, I fixed the arch, and I built a new cobblestone generator alongside the road by the old post office.

I doubt anyone really needs it, but the new cobble generator works pretty well for any not-completely-cheaty-overpowered pickaxes. 😅 Normal pickaxes or ones with a couple enchantments should be fine, but if you have one of the Brad's attic specials, you might whip through cobble faster than it can detect. In that case, there's a reset button to the right of the machine that puts it back in the right place.

And about that attic, I renovated that area too, and I added a few more magic buttons in there to restore health, give food, give rockets, and give torches. I put those in there so I could quickly restock some essentials before going adventuring, but y'all are always welcome to use them too.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.