Thread: iPad 2
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-06-21, 07:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
Really? I think the opposite... I think we could see an update, even if minor than what's being discussed here, as early as this fall along with iOS 4.0 for iPad.

At the least I see them adding Facetime before Christmas... the slot for the camera is there, the software is done, and most iPads are used predominantly on WiFi anyway.
I agree. What an amazing gift that would be (especially, being used on WiFi, they make it work just like iChat or whatever, so you can use it to talk to anyone...on their iPad, on their iPhone 4 or on their Mac/PC). That's when FaceTime becomes truly useful, and if it winds up on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, over WiFi, that's a lot of people staying in touch with one another in a really nice, intimate way that e-mail and texting can't even begin to touch.

I also think the iPad will be on a shorter update/upgrade cycle than both the Macs and the iPhone.

But it's hard to tell, really, just three or so months in. They've got a bonafide hit on their hand, and I'd hate to imagine them letting it just kinda sit there and stagnate until next March (like they so often do with their Macs. Mac Pros or MacBook Air, anyone? Exactly).

The iPad should've had a damn front-facing camera from the start, so you know that's coming in Rev. B. And it wouldn't surprise me if we saw one between September-November. If they did nothing else but add that, up the RAM to an iPhone-matching 512MB and ship it with iOS 4.0, gazillions of people would still buy it (and thousands of Rev. A iPads would get handed off to happy, appreciative spouses, kids, grandparents, friends, etc.).