View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2011-03-05, 20:17

Isn't buying a new lens fun? Nikons macro's always look excellently sharp in online photos I've seen, you're going to make great use of it.

I'd did a fair bit of online research re bags. I really like the security of the backpack you use, and the comfort of a backpack in general. Since I don't have tons of gear, I think (for now) I just really need a bag I can shoot out of, which means either a sling, or a shoulder bag. It would also be nice if said bag didn't outright advertise the photo gear inside so that I can grab it and go for a walk around the city. If it holds securely on me while riding, all the better.

For shooting an event, I really like Think Tank's Retrospective 20 or 30.

For carry on bike/urban, Incase's DSLR sling bag looks like a nice budget alternative. Packs slim and still holds two bodies with lenses or one body with three, but doesn't look like it takes gripped bodies easily. Also like the Think Tank Sling-o-matic 20 or 30. They scream camera bag to suspicious onlookers, but look like they could probably shield your gear from a small explosion.

Splitting the difference between the two, and looking damned sexy as well, is another Incase product: The Ari Marcopoulos Camera Bag. Ari, the skateboard guy, amongst other urban/travel images. I love the look of this bag, and the strap design looks ingenious. I wish there were somewhere in Toronto to check it out in person. Just a smidge bigger than the Incase sling in all directions, it also holds an iPad (and by the looks of it would take a small laptop easily, though this isn't a requirement for a shoot, just a nicety for non-photo related uses.