View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-02-23, 03:55

For months, Apple has only offered various iPhone 11 models as refurbs. Tonight, I see the 12 mini ($489) is available and some others. Still haven't seen any 13 models (mini or otherwise). Even the 12 is miles beyond what I have in processor, graphics, capacity, screen and battery life. And camera.

It says on the site they're "unlocked".

I'm with AT&T, so what, exactly, does that even mean? Can I just take the little SIM out of my current first-gen SE (which will turn seven in April) and put it in this and it'll work? I'll be buying it outright, not needing to actually go through AT&T for anything (payments, plan changes...I'm happy with everything right now).

If I got one of those refurb 12 minis, what, exactly do I do when it arrives? Never bought a phone this way, so I wasn't sure.

Update: all the $489 128GB models are gone. All that's left for the 12 mini are the 256GB models starting at $589.

I sure wish Apple had done this past go-around what they'd done in the previous 2-3. Keep last year's lineup around, for $100 off. I'd rather get a 13 mini at the discounted price vs. refurb. The 13 mini is available but not as cheap as I was hoping for/expecting in September.

Oh well...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2023-02-23 at 04:59.