View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2023-03-14, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Ouch. Even I know that's not good!

All my Trek-fan buddies despise that movie. It's the one thing they kinda seem to agree on. Is it the Rise of Skywalker of the Star Trek movies? Pointless and incoherent? Stupidly written and everything (including the kitchen sink) tossed into the mix, looking for a reason to exist?
Yeah, soooo… the Nemesis production was so bad that it sent Tom Hardy, its main villain before the Nolan movies made him super famous, spiraling into a depression where he reportedly contemplated suicide. I'm not kidding! The official unofficial Star Trek wiki Memory Alpha puts it somewhat gently (link):
Quote:
Shortly after completing filming on Nemesis, Hardy had a physical and mental breakdown brought about from his drug and alcohol addiction. Although this breakdown cost him his marriage, it motivated him to clean up his act. He has been clean of both drugs and alcohol since 2005.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.