View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-24, 05:12

Just so everybody knows, I did a stupid. I could have sworn I read that the demo was Mac-compatible, but it is apparently not. It is Windows-only, I'm afraid.

Except for the launcher, the game is cross-platform, and the only difference between the demo and unlimited versions of the game is one text file and the PC Gamer texture on cows. For whatever reason, they don't provide a download link for a version with the Mac launcher and that extra-special text string. You could probably pirate the game, open up TextEdit, and perfectly recreate the demo, if you want. Or, you could just pirate the game. (Not that I'd ever encourage such a thing.)

Anyway, I'm really sorry everybody. If you have a gaming PC or boot into Windows the demo will bring you happiness and joy, but if not it'll be just a waste of bits. Hopefully, Notch & Co. will put a Mac version on minecraft.net. (Bug him on Twitter!) I'll let y'all know if he does.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

Last edited by Robo : 2011-04-24 at 05:29.