View Single Post
zsummers
Avast!

2008-02-23, 19:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
I almost want to say that had to be intentional (or at least a Freudian slip), but then again, I also think it's possible that someone was so pure of mind that the fact that Jesus did actually have tubeage down there never crossed the designer's mind.

As the proud owner of a Jesus nightlight, Myrrh air-freshner bearing a picture of Christ on the cross, a "Jesus" keychain, and a series of those coffee-mugs-with-your-name-on-them souvenirs bearing "Jesus" in the standard black lettering (from the Alamo, Grand Canyon, and Pikes Peak, among other awesome places), I find that plenty awesome and ever-so-disturbing. I would also note that none of my stuff is that Urban Outfitters garbage--I only collect it if it is produced and sold without irony. There's a great Greek Orthodox shop in Chi-town, for example, just full of this stuff, and I think it is fabulous.

I want one of these next:

Little to close there, Christ.

I also want to note that I intend no disrespect to anyone's belief by owning/loving this stuff--or to the thought, historical figure, or actual person of Christ. It's the humans that make and market these things, and it is their conduct (and its juxtaposition with the things we know about "Jesus") that I find unintentionally hilarious--not their beliefs. My mom and dad, both fundamentalists in the truest sense (but not necessarily evangelicals), find this stuff as hilarious as I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
Screen getting a little dirty? Use this.
I'm putting that on full-screen at the background of my next party.

"How could you falter / when you're the Rock of Gibralter? / I had to get off the boat so I could walk on water. / This ain't no tall order. / This is nothing to me. / Difficult takes a day. / Impossible takes a week."