View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-11-27, 12:02

arteggio! Long time no see man. I hope all is well with you. Yeah, it looks like the server still accepts your original name. The game server phones home to Mojang's authentication servers and keeps a copy of your UUID that stays the same even if your visible username changes. I hope to see you back in the game soon!

Welcome to the server, Chris/Zamlon/Sirhc! I've just whitelisted your user. Be sure to read the Good Neighbor Guidelines stickied post. It's mostly common sense type stuff that just needs to be repeated.

But first, would you mind telling us a little bit about yourself before we dive in?

I guess since I haven't done that kind of thing in a long time, I'll lead by example. Hello everyone! My name is Brad, and I'm a nerdy guy who unsurprisingly is a software developer by trade. Married, no kids, no plans to. My interests include programming in Python, vintage-style video games, Star Trek, lurking online, and taking long walks on the beach. I started getting my hand into building rudimentary websites in the late '90s. I've been running AppleNova for eleven years and another site for several years before that.

I've been in and out of the Minecraft scene over the years, but new releases (like 1.9 just around the corner) always draw me back in. After playing in single-player mode for a couple of months, I started our community server in the Alpha days five years ago! I even managed to capture the first few minutes of the world:

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.