View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-27, 16:51

"Starvation mode" is different than "eating less".

I've read that in certain circumstances your body will burn muscle and store fat, but I think that is only if you don't get enough protein and carbs in your diet. A high-fat diet without enough support from carbs and protein will result in your body burning protein for energy. Or something like that.

As far as the clothes size thing, I went through the same period where I didn't seem to be losing much weight but my clothes were getting too big. I bought new pants due to a size reduction for the first time in my life, and my work shirts are all like curtains on me now. My face, chest, waist, gut and arms all show the loss of fat. I used to be a cyclist so my legs are like tree stumps and have very little fat on them.

I feel like I'm almost down another inch on my waist, but I don't want to buy new clothes again, especially as I plan to work on muscle gain and that could size me back up a bit.

But, yeah, it's a weird cycle.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)