View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-15, 12:18

Great work, Turtle! Hunger sucks, but it's a small price to pay.

News:

Where to start?

So, last week I weighed in at 169.8, and that was a milestone for me because I haven't been that light for so long! Well, a lot happened last week. I absolutely tortured myself through the week, but I've done that before and not had this happen.

As most of you know, my target weight has been 165. This A.M. I stepped on the scale and knew it had to be broken. So I got off and stepped back on. Same result. Off, and then on again. Same clothes, same scale, roughly the same time of day. Same result all three times.

160.5!!!

Yes, that is correct. I was shooting for 165 by the end of the month, and this morning I was 160.5. I lost 9 pounds last week, and this morning I'm still in awe. Seriously, I have no idea what happened, other than I shoveled a lot of snow!

So, as most of you also know, I promised myself a celebration donut when I hit target, and today I made good on that promise. And, yes, donuts are still yummy! Oh, and chocolate milk, because that's healthy!

So, that's 35 pounds since late last March, and I'm taking the week off from obsessing over calories. I'll continue to eat healthy this week as I've been doing (my habits have changed, but the donuts are calling from the other room—I bought a dozen to share with the crew ). Next week, starting on Monday, I'll get back at the weights, the walks, and the cardio. I'll kick my diet up to 2300 calories/day and start working on some muscle. It won't be easy, but at least I can eat.

And holy cow am I hungry!

I'm not done yet, but I've crossed a milestone of goal-setting and a feeling of accomplishment that I haven't felt in years! And I'm still rooting for those of you working your way down, or up or whatever your goals are. Hell, if I can do it I know you guys can. Turtle, great work, my friend. Yontsey, keep "pounding" away. Keep it up! You got this.

And, Brad, thanks for hosting this board so us old farts can share this stuff!

Update 2/17:

Back up there where I mentioned that I thought the scale was broken?

It was.

And this AM I stepped on the scale just to double check and it read 170. No way I gained 10 pounds in 2 days doing nothing different other than having a couple donuts.

So, Monday I got overly excited, celebrated, and then gained a pound and now I'm cursing myself.

But, I have to be honest in this game. There are going to be gains and losses. It has been a losing week.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-02-17 at 12:34.