View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-03-23, 17:48

Well... it could be thought of that way...

Or that I only want to put 30 minutes of hard workout time in per day due to the other commitments I have in my life. Heck, I feel like I'm forcing 30 minutes to happen lately. Not to mention the shower and such that follow after getting drenched in sweat.

So I can do things like cut calories in things that don't really matter (like ketchup) and not have to run for another 3 minutes to make up the consumption. Basically I'm very willing to trade off the extras in the short term while I'm cutting until I'm to a building or maintaining phase that allows me to consume another 700 calories.

Paying attention to how many calories are in various foods has been huge for me. I'm logically making the choice of eat this and have to work it off, along with burn old fat, or skip it for now so I don't have to run/ride/HIIT for another hour that day.

Yes, I could eat anything I wanted if I were willing/able to put the time into burning it off on top of trim the fat I've already put on. It is a simple, eat less do more thing. I'm consistently eating 1700 calories a day. I'm burning about 2400 according to my Apple Watch. On the other side of this, I still eat chips and drink some wine with my wife. All within the 1700 calories. Since really watching what I've been eating I've lost 18 lbs. This morning I was 172.3. That is an aggressive 2.4 lbs per week average.

So yeah, I'm cutting hard so I can get where I need to be. When I wasn't cutting, I was averaging .96 lbs per week drop. That is what wasn't sustainable. I'm done with being overweight and working with what I have available in my schedule.

Another side benefit is that my blood pressure has dropped significantly. I'm regularly seeing my BP around 109/70 now. I was never down this low that I have record of.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.