View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-10, 12:55

Yeah, I don't see what the problem is. Unless they swore some blood oath to Jenkins that only she was getting this project (I highly doubt it).

I just think, for whatever reason(s), no real, serious interest in the project and they've figured out a nice way to pull the plug ("scheduling conflicts"). Because if they were genuinely hot-to-trot to have this made, they likely would've announced a replacement director on the same day they announced that Jenkins wasn't able to participate.

Maybe they couldn't come up with a solid, workable and coherent script? I realize that didn't stop episodes 7-9 from being made , but those were larger, more high-profile projects that had to proceed, no matter what! These little offshoot stories are expendable, in the big scheme of things.

Maybe it gets re-tooled to a Disney+ series down the road. If that Galactic Rescue Rangers or whatever it was called got canned because of Gina Carano's ouster, there's a slot that just opened for a similar type of show. Switch over, rewrite/tweak things a bit and gear it toward an X-wing squadron.