View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-01-08, 16:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Do you guys use the same starter word every time (one with mathematical odds to yield the best chance of used letters, etc.)? Or, like me, do you just wing it and type a random 5-letter word (BENCH, CLOAK, PAINT, BEARS, WRITE, SHALE, etc.) and see what happens/go from there?
So far, most of the time, I've used the same two starter words (or just one if it has so many green squares that I might as well guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
That might be why I'm so shaky/hit-or-miss on this game, while being an absolute terror/hell-on-wheels with crosswords, Scrabble, Jumble, Boggle and any/all other word games? Am I hurting myself, "going random" and not using a set, smarter opening play? I kinda enjoy seeing what 5-letter word pops into my head at 12:01am, but I'd also like to get where I solve these things in well under 5-6 tries too.
I saw a tweet earlier arguing that using starter words like that ruins half the fun, and I can see that point of view.

But, it's not even my native language, so might as well give myself a bit of an edge.