View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-01-12, 13:14

Yeah, there will always be slimy opportunists ready to grab and resell any good ideas. Honestly, I'm surprised there weren't paid/ad-filled clones being hawked sooner because a) it's an incredibly simple game (even I probably could have made a clone, and I'm shit with JavaScript), and b) there's already that free open-source infinitely-playable clone that Capella mentioned a couple pages back.

Fortunately I get the impression that Mr. Wardle never intended to make a business out of this game; he just made it for his partner and family and friends, and it happened to take off. He even explicitly stated in interviews that he didn't want to bloat it with social media hooks and ads and such. Genuinely good guy, from all appearances.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.