View Single Post
Anonymous Coward

2022-04-30, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Michigan has more coastline than California, Florida & Hawaii combined
Sorry, I just had to look that one up. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Coastal Management lists Michigan (3224 mi) as having a longer coastline than Hawaii (1052 mi), but not California (3427 mi) or Florida (8436 mi) .

Using the above and a list of states' areas, I also tried coastline per state area and coastline per state land mass, and Michigan has a higher coastline/area than California, but not Florida or Hawaii. Michigan definitely has the largest water area to state area or water area to land area of any state, and the largest water area percentage than all states combined, excluding Alaska, Florida, Minnesota, North Carolina, New York, Ohio, and Washington.

Just so that is not my only contribution to the thread, my favorite singer/songwriter is Natasha Borzilova . It is hard for me to imagine that English is not her native tongue, because she writes so well. (Yes, I've been waiting for years to mention her, but it doesn't seem like they type of music anyone else listens to.)

Last edited by Anonymous Coward : 2022-04-30 at 23:11. Reason: Added coastline per area, water area per state area, and percent water area