View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-26, 15:49

Cool. It's finally getting to where there will be more than just one SW show a year, and then 10-12 months of nothing.

We've got Obi-Wan coming up soon - hell, TOMORROW! - then Andor at the end of august, and then a quiet holiday (bummer, I always liked The Mandalorian airing during that November-December timeframe, and then season 3 of Grogu on Parade in early 2023.

I can dig it. Would be nice if they can eventually squeeze in a third show in a single year, but this is better than nothing. We've got original SW fare tomorrow for a few weeks, and then a nice short break and then some more August 31.

I still think they should always produce a single 1-2 hour "holiday treat" type of thing - new story, revisiting something old, a little teaser or mini-film with folks we know (Bo Katan, etc.) to air in mid-late December. Since 2015, I've gotten used to the holidays having a little Star Wars to go with it. This year there won't be anything (not a show anyway). I always hope they're filming some one-off thing in secret - a "holiday special", if you will - and surprise everyone on December 24.

Even if it was just Chewie and Artoo wrapping presents for an hour, and a few old friends stopping by to say hi, drink some blue nog and tell a few stories.

So 2023 should give us a third season of the Mandalorian and, I assume, the first season of Ahsoka. Those two, at the very least. At some point, Grogu is going to start talking. If he maintains that Yoda syntax and all, I'll die. 🥰