View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-27, 10:14

Good pull, I never thought of that.

They were building it at the end of Revenge of the Sith, and it just had it's first real test-firing (Jedha?) in Rogue One, immediately before A New Hope. So, yeah...smack-dab in the center of those ~20 years, when Obi-Wan Kenobi takes place, that thing may have been completed. While maybe not fully operational with its main weapon (that was part of the plot of Rogue One, it would certainly be a major home base/port/operations center for the Empire. Just its size alone would be terrifying.

Yeah, I never thought about that. Hmmm...

Vader did indeed say "you should not have come back" to Obi-Wan during their duel. If Vader's just talking in the general (how Obi-Wan finally resurfaced after years of laying low), or was being literal ("back here, to the Death Star", after a previous failed mission or some other reason that put him there), who knows? That would be kinda cool.

I assumed, at some point in this six-episode run - if we're going to see Vader and all - that we'd get some sort of Death Star cameo. Whether it's a full-on internal sequence, ongoing or otherwise, or just a brief, sitting-in-space nod/Easter egg...I believe it'll make an appearance of some sort. It definitely belongs in the timeline and, at that point, is probably mostly constructed and functioning as a base.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
The very final shot of the second episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi makes it obvious that Obi-Wan is now aware that Vader/Anakin is alive, and that Vader "heard" Obi-Wan speak his name ("Anakin...") through the Force...his eyes popped open in that bacta tank, as if Obi-Wan saying his old name was "reaching out" and awoke Vader while undergoing a tank session. They are now both "awake" to things...Vader is indeed alive, and Vader knows that Obi-Wan knows this. Makes me think that they'll have at least one Rey/Kylo Force FaceTime in this series, taunting each other or whatever.

"You left me there, to die...legless, on fire, lungs burning."

"Well, you were being a complete asshole if you'll recall, so yeah. I didn't choke your old lady out, that was you, Anakin."

"Don't call me that...that name has no meaning for me now."

"Anakin, Anakin, Anakin...boogity-boogity-BOO! Lighten up, Darth Francis...".

"Did you call me just to talk some shit, Kenobi?"

"Maybe...".

"If I ever see you again, I'm going to cut you in half!"

"In your dreams, padawan. Hey, Anakin...how many Sith does it take to scr...".

*click*

Their link is still there, across the galaxy. That was a great scene!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-05-27 at 10:53.