View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-31, 12:20

I was thinking about that...

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Ahsoka is certainly alive - she's still alive in The Mandalorian, set 5-6 years after ROTJ - so, yeah. And with the makeup and all - and Rosario Dawson's ageless appearance - it could work. Apparently she was born 36 BBY, and this show, ~10 years before A New Hope, would have the character at around 26. There isn't a soul on the planet who wouldn't buy Dawson as the character at that age. She'd pull it off, absolutely.

I'll be honest...I'm not expecting her to show up, even though she certainly "fits" and has such strong ties to both Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader. But I just don't see it, for some reason. It would be a nice surprise. She's popped up on the other two live-action Disney+ Star Wars shows, so maybe she's the glue that kinda connects them all together? She's the only character who's still alive from the Clone Wars era through The Mandalorian era, correct? Others either weren't born yet (Luke and Leia), are Force ghosts (Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin) or outright dead (Bail Organa, Mace Windu). Ahsoka is still walking around, in the flesh, in The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett at ~45.

I am, however, fully expecting Liam Neeson's Qui-Gon at some point. It looks like they're showing that, even after 10 years, Obi-Wan hasn't quite gotten that down yet. He calls for Qui-Gon after his nightmare, but nothing happened. I don't know if that's meant to show Obi-Wan hasn't learned how to commune with his former master, or if it's meant to show that he's actually been doing so for 10 years, but, for whatever reason, Qui-Gon didn't respond/appear in that instance. Could go either way...I'm not quite sure how to take that scene just yet.

But I have to believe, in the four episodes left, Obi-Wan is going to be seen talking to his blue, glowing master. I've believed this ever since the show was announced, and I'll be stunned if it doesn't happen. And although he's not dead yet, I have to believe Yoda will appear in some way. Obi-Wan, Bail Organa and Yoda were the last three to kinda see each other at the very end of Revenge of the Sith. We've already got Obi-Wan, Bail showed up in the first episode, so it just seems like Yoda would too. Now that Luke and Leia are in more of a risky, shaky situation, those three may want to have a conversation, echoing back to their discussion at the end of Episode III about what to do with the twins. Whether it's some sort of encrypted hologram (the same way Bail and his wife contacted Obi-Wan), or it's more of a Force-link/bond between the two, I just can't imagine this show ending without at least one appearance by both Qui-Gon and Yoda, separately or even together somehow. No, I don't think Yoda shows up and does anything. He'll still be on Dagobah and it'll just be a conversation, via tech or the Force.

Now that Obi-Wan is aware that Anakin is alive, and what he's become, that upheaval and despair is going to have him call out to his former mentors/masters for advice, comforting, answers, etc. Those two have direct, strong ties to Anakin as well...Qui-Gon found him, Yoda spent plenty of time with him. Who better than to counsel Obi-Wan on this painful, newly-learned bit of info? And they may not even know Anakin is still alive...Obi-Wan didn't, so maybe he's the one who tells them?

So, yeah...my predictions/odds for who will appear by the end of the final episode:
Qui-Gon (Force ghost): 95%,
Yoda (via Space FaceTime or the Force): 85-90%
Ahsoka (real life): 60-65%

Any three of those characters make all the sense in the world, with their ties to both Anakin and Obi-Wan. If Neeson will crank out those cheesy revenge/action/wolf-fighting movies at such a clip, I have to believe that he'd come in for 1-2 days' work (a bit of costume/hair-and-makeup) to read some lines in front of a green screen or whatever. What an easy way to earn a nice paycheck. And you know Frank Oz is down for it. He always participates in any SW stuff! He's like Anthony Daniels, only far less pompous and grating.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-05-31 at 12:38.