View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-13, 11:55

Yep.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
And I hope this dawns on them at some point. They’ve had one solid, enjoyable show centered around a new character and two that are a bit more of a let-down centered around two very popular ones.

I think that has to say/mean something.

That in mind, it wouldn’t surprise me if Andor fares better, and winds up being a more enjoyable show to watch, than Ahsoka. My concern is the latter may fall victim to the Boba Fett/Obi-Wan thing…we know too much, we know all the beats and marks that need to be filled. That can’t help but lock writers in a bit.

Just speculation/theory on my part, but, right now, in my mind, Disney is 1-for-3 on the live-action Star Wars stuff. I thought the Boba Fett show was very weak, and this Obi-Wan thing has come up a bit short, overall. Ewan McGregor and the visuals are about all I’m truly enjoying, now that the novelty of Leia has worn off and the sight or Reva screaming at everyone has kinda played out a bit.

The show should’ve never left Tatooine, IMO (except maybe to show scenes of Vader from time to time; but I’m also not convinced he even needed to be part of this; I think that was throwing a bone to fans, vs. any true need). And if it does get a second season, then they should deliver what everyone was primed for/expecting…Oni-Wan watching over/protecting Luke, and himself, amongst the riff-raff of Tatooine, including bounty hunters and others sent there to do Vader and the Empire’s bidding). I don’t think Obi-Wan was planet-hopping and adventuring during those ~20 years, so it’s kinda changing the vibe of the character, suddenly being told that he was.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-13 at 12:06.