View Single Post
Frank777
Veteran Member

2022-06-22, 14:15

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Okay people, sit down for an early Festivus, because I have grievances I need to air.

First of all, let me say the acting was superb, from McGregor to Christensen to most of the others, including Reva.
But there are some issues with the story.

How does a wreck of a Jedi, a decade out of practice, accomplish what Kenobi did in the finale?

It was extremely cool to see Kenobi savagely beat Vader and destroy his armour.
But he’s not supposed to be able to do that.

I thought the standing canon was that Vader’s force powers were greatly increased by his armour.
He’s supposed to be so fierce that he takes on two or three Jedi at a time and beat them easily.

Instead, we have Kenobi being so driven by his love for Vader’s kids (?) that he overpowers him handily.

Did the same guys who made Rey an epic untrained force-wielder have a hand in this?

And I agree with Paul, Kenobi needed to be presumed dead. The Empire just can’t let him roam the galaxy.
It’s now canon that he’s completely bested Vader twice! He could go off and start his own Jedi school.

In the first battle (by the way, having them repeat the lines from the first fight was terrific) Kenobi was supposed to be seriously outmatched, and only won the battle by exploiting Anakin’s pride and headstrong nature.

So how’d he win against a full-strength, actually extra-strength, armoured Vader this time?

At this point, forget Luke, Leia and Yoda. Just suit up Kenobi and send him after Palpatine. The man cannot lose.