View Single Post
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-12-01, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
You know what? I have never played Guitar Hero or Rock Band or any of those games. I dunno why, but as a real guitar player, I find those games insulting. Just a personal vendetta.
I get forced to a couple of times a year by friends. I have the same problem - I could actually play all the songs, so why fake playing them? They go on about "it's not faking playing songs, it's something different", but I can't get into it. I mean, I can rock it out with a real guitar! Why waste my time getting good at playing fake guitar when I could be getting better at real guitar?

The drumming is kind of like real drumming in Rock Band, so that makes some sense, but the guitar playing is nothing like actually playing, so it's a waste of time IMO. I know people love it, I'm not here to start an argument. Believe me, I've heard from my friend's plenty about what a fool I am, how I don't "get it", etc.

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!