View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-12-10, 23:21

That seems perfectly doable!

If you haven't already (although I shouldn't doubt that you have!), you should take a look at the wiki to see which fish spawn in which biomes: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Biome#Aquatic_biomes

If you want to squiggle in some tendrils of cold oceans along with the big swath of warm, just reference the aforementioned linked color codes. Also, I haven't checked that file yet, but just to be safe: make sure any of your drawing to the biomes is done in an image editor with anti-aliasing OFF. The colors need to be exact, and the blending of tools like Photoshop's "paintbrush" would introduce a bunch of invalid color codes.

FWIW, I still haven't actually uploaded any of my modified region files to the server yet. I continue running through a bunch of paranoid testing locally for now. I suspect that by the time this weekend rolls around I should have worked up enough confidence to go big.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.