View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-04, 17:29

Paul I'm not entirely sure if you're poking fun at Gibson or being serious, but I was only pointing out that his roles have become quite predictable. And I for one had no problem with him making the movie about Christ. I went and saw it and even went so far as to argue against the Gibson-bashers in the old forum when people were spewing all the rhetoric about anti-semitism. But that's another issue, as he wasn't in that movie.

But let's take a look:

All the Lethal Weapons movies he was: semi-crazy, hard-guy cop who had the "on the brink of crying" look every time something bad happened to him or his friend's family. Major stunt is dislocating his shoulder at will in order to inflict massive pain / get out of a tough situation.

The Patriot: a farmer-turned-warrior who teeters on the edge of emotional breakdown when various ills befall his family and friends, almost bites the dust as he is badly wounded in final battle, then stabs his enemy dead.

What Women Want: big city bad boy exec who overcomes his womanizing and cheavanistic ways and once again finds himself on the edge of tears at various points when his daughter / coworker / love are in a bad way.

Signs: strong minded priest guy who... oh you get the idea.

He plays a variation of the same character in every movie he stars in....

...into the light of a dark black night.