View Single Post
naren
snail herder

Send a message via ICQ to naren Send a message via MSN to naren Send a message via Skype™ to naren 
2004-08-06, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
Hey, I can "sit back and enjoy" movies with the best of them. In fact, I enjoy nothing more. What I CAN'T "sit back and enjoy" is cheeseball, intelligence-insulting, stunt-casted, test-marketed-to-death, derivative, lame, predictable, formulaic horseshit.

Some movies are nothing BUT that, and deserve to get panned and reamed.

Problem IS, the crap outweighs the gold. That's just how it is.
I certainly won't dispute that! I totally agree that most film is crap, my favorite movie reviewers highest rating is "almost tolerable." It gets worse from there.

However, I feel an essential component of watching a film is "suspension of disbelief" Turning off your inner critique, I mean if you didn't want engaged escapism, why did you go to the movie?

That said I thought The Village was very well done and I haven't seen any criticism of it in here other than, A. I'm so clever I guessed the plot twist, or B. It was a slow movie. So far I'm unimpressed. When someone's only criticism of a film is that it was slow, I have to assume they have a limited attention span, have seen to-many movies made by a music video director or they're on too much ritalin .

The future is tomorrow!

Last edited by naren : 2004-08-06 at 12:14.