View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-02-10, 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Ha, they're bringing back members of TNG cast (Fraker, Burton, McFadden (rawwr), etc.). Isn't that one of the official, agreed-upon signs of a property sailing high over the mako? "We can't float this stuff on its own merit...let's go for nostalgia and stunt-casting!"

It was either that or introduce a baby/toddler to the mix.

I've got a few friends who love Star Trek in all its forms and even they were never big on this show. I don't understand Trek lore enough to know/understand all the "why" and "how", but it's odd to see these three people not dutifully lapping up anything/everything Star Trek.

"Who are you, and what did you do to my friend?!"

But, then, I look at me and my beloved Star Wars, and just how little of an overall rip I give about it anymore, outside of the original trilogy and, to a lesser degree, The Mandalorian (which starts season three in a few weeks, I just learned a few days ago; I'd honestly kinda forgotten about it, which tends to happen when a show goes 2,740 weeks between seasons).

I sometimes wonder if we're just too inundated with entertainment/content anymore (odd question, I realize), and it's become a genuine issue of "quality vs. quantity"? We have a gazillion channels and streaming services, many of them cranking out their own, in-house fare. A true "something for everyone" smorgasbord. But how many of them are actually any good, or taste like anything? How many get green-lit on "promise"/potential and renewed on not much more?