View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2023-03-03, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Yeah, this is supposed to be his "Mickey Rourke The Wrestler role/comeback, from all I've read and am hearing. Be out of the public eye for years, keep your nose clean/free from scandal/bad behavior and transform yourself to star in a tear-jerking Oscar-bait project by a serious director, and suddenly you're in everyone's good graces again and everyone's rooting for you to sweep the awards.
FWIW, I don't think he was ever out of everyone's good graces. He didn't have any scandals of his own, as far as I know. My understanding is he disappeared from the spotlight for a long time because he went through a bad divorce resulting in a huge alimony settlement that assumed he'd keep banking millions, had to undergo major surgeries to repair some years-old back injuries, and to add insult to injury, may have been blacklisted in some circles for resisting and speaking out about some Hollywood big-wig who sexually assaulted him. I know he's been slowly coming back into the spotlight the last few years from his work in DC's Doom Patrol, at least. I tried watching the first couple episodes a few years ago when it came out, and none of it really hooked my attention, but I know some fans are pretty vocal about their love of it.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.