View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2023-03-15, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
The Last of Us show, kind of like the game, I don't expect to revisit in the future, unless I want a refresher just before season 2 arrives. I doubt it has that much replay value, but the first time watching felt like a great experience. I feel like the same goes for a lot of movies I've loved and recommended over the years. Great to watch and enjoy the drama and suspense as it unfolds; probably never revisit it again after the story is over.
Nope. Scratch that, stupid.

I'm already watching The Last of Us now for a second time with my wife; it's her first time watching because she prefers to binge series like these over a few days instead of a few months.

In the first few episodes, there are already several reactions or lines of dialogs or very subtle foreshadowing hints that I didn't pick up on the first viewing. Having the full story in my recent memory including certain characters' backstories gives a lot more weight to a few looks and reactions and comments by certain individuals. Also, some of the heart-wrenching story beats are still nearly as intense upon second viewing. I'm looking at you, episode 3.

So, I'll revise my earlier assessment to suggest that The Last of Us probably doesn't have much replay value beyond a second viewing.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.