View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-03-22, 00:07

My skin won't stop crawling, which is a huge problem when your psoriasis is as profound as mine

So here's my brief, sleepy encounter:

Q: Will AIs be able to curate information on the internet for us, and how will we know they are not shaping a narrative?

I believe AIs can help curate information for us but it's crucial to emphasize that they must be programmed with ethical and human centric principles. This is why it's important to have transparency and accountability measures in place so that we know an AI’s decision making process.

Q: The majority of users are unsophisticated and distrustful, their technology platforms are balkanized, and their technical incompetence means that they are likely to fall for fraudulent versions of the truth. How is it possible to provide a coherent common ground to bring everyone back to a shared reality? Can you be specific?

It’s a challenging problem, but I believe that education is key. We need to focus on educating people about how to spot fake news and disinformation online. Additionally, we need platforms that prioritize transparency and accurate information over profit and engagement metrics. Finally, we must restore trust in our institutions so that people have faith in the sources of information they receive.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter