View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-08-09, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
But anyway, I kinda want the remake to be a fun game, even though my cynicism leads me to surmise otherwise. :/
When I first heard about it, I was afraid it would be like most crappy movie-to-game franchises you see nowadays, but to the contrary everything I've read and seen about it looks very promising. They've got the original cast reprising their "looks" and voices, a nifty gameplay and physics engine that lets your tear the place apart with your zappers (and have to pay for damages later, apparently), and a story written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis (who also wrote the original) that's supposed to make the game effectively a "third movie" set shortly after the second film.

This is one of the very few games to have piqued my curiosity recently and I'll be watching when it gets close to an official release, whenever that may be.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.