Thread: 2016 15" Mbp.
View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2017-01-10, 11:08

Arrived at work this morning around 8:15 or so. Machine had been charged to 100% before leaving work the day before. Didn't use it at all last night.

It's now been approximately an hour, and the battery is down to 80%. At 20% per hour just doing online tasks, some document editing, etc., and then sitting idle most of the time, it's dropping about 10% every 30 min.

That's worse than my previous laptop doing literally these exact same activities, and that machines battery was 4 years old at this point.

I'm pushing video to one external monitor, that's it. CPU usage has been parked under 5% this entire time.

Would be interested to know if other people are noticing similar battery life on their machines, or if this particular model has issues.

Blutooth is on, but not connected to anything. The wifi is off, and data is going over a USB C to enet converter. Zero other items plugged into the machine. Screen set to go to sleep after 10 min. of no use. Screen brightness is at approx 50% - 60%.

It's now been approximately an hour, and the battery is down to 80%.

It's now been 1.5 hours, battery is down to 60%.

At 2 hours in, battery is at 40%.

2.5 hours in, battery down to 20%.

Just under 3 hours at this point, and the battery died. So, I'm getting a whopping 3 hours of battery life being online, working in Word, printing documents, and entering data.

No processing, compiling, video editing, gaming, no Wifi, 50% brightness, and three hours of battery life. The only thing I might be able to change would be to work with even lower brightness. Not sure how much of a difference that would make given how quickly this thing ran out of power though.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me

Last edited by alcimedes : 2017-01-10 at 13:50.