Thread: 2016 15" Mbp.
View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2017-01-10, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I haven't mapped it out, but I bet that's what displays pages in iTunes and App Store etc. Also, isn't Chrome a battery hog too?
You may be correct about Safari existing in other, hidden places. For my testing though, I'm just doing my typical work. Today that means I have Word, Excel, Chrome, Messages and Mail.app open, and that's it.

I haven't fired up iTunes, App Store etc. If I'm not actively using it for work today, I haven't opened it. I wanted to give it the best potential outcome I could.

I have all java scripting and flash disabled on all pages in Chrome via extensions in the browser, those are your typical power hogs.

I only have three tabs open, AI, reddit and our CMS page. No ads on any of them. I've been mapping the CPU usage in that time frame, it rarely ticks above 5% and when it does it's a quick blip to 10% or so then back to normal for another 5 min. or so.

I'm at a loss to explain what's using up the power.

Checking out Activity Monitor, you can see that Chrome is my highest energy item, but I don't really know what those numbers actually mean. Maybe I should try a second test using Safari only see how that compares.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me