Thread: 2016 15" Mbp.
View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2017-01-10, 15:34

So I quit chrome, and let the laptop charge back up to 100% over lunch.

Unplugged the power about 30 min. ago. I actually haven't even been at my desk on this computer more than 10 min. since then, as I've been running around between offices working on other projects.

The machine had powered off the screen etc. like it was supposed to, yet when I just woke it up from sleep right now, it's already down to 80% after 30 minutes of being unplugged.

I'm going to reboot, and then not fire up Chrome at all and see if I can get the discreet graphics things to switch back to integrated.

If the video card is kicking in while using Mail, Office apps, or Safari I'm pretty much screwed short of disabling it with gfxCardStatus or the like.

also, has anyone else noticed that there's a weird keyboard lag or something when you're going to first log in? in the normal "enter password to log in" screen when you first reboot, I have gotten the password wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME the first time I type it in. I can see from the little dots representing the password that it's short multiple characters, but entering it again the exact same way 2 seconds later always works fine.

And it looks like Activity Monitor is predicting I'll run out of power in 2 hours on the dot, exactly the same 3 hours I got running Chrome and doing essentially nothing else.

This sucks.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me

Last edited by alcimedes : 2017-01-10 at 16:18.