Thread: 2016 15" Mbp.
View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2017-01-10, 17:08

I wonder if it's the discreet video card that's to blame. I'd have thought the integrated graphics would be enough to push an external monitor, but maybe that's the entire difference? That would seem laughable though, to go from 10+ hours of estimated time to 3 hours because the discreet video card is pushing essentially the same video.

I do know that the previous models had over 8,400+ mAh, where as the current 15" model is approx 6,700 mAh, so right off the bat you're talking about a 20% difference in total energy before anything else is even taken into account.

I would be hard pressed to use a computer and have it doing anything less than what this machine is choking on now.

As it stands, the battery shows it's going to be fully discharged in 35 minutes, which would give the Safari test a slightly lower score of 2:45 min. instead of 3:00 before it runs out of juice.

And at 3:40 PM, right on schedule the laptop is out of power and has to be plugged in.

Difference between Chrome as Safari, Chrome +15 min.

I'm still disappointed by approximately 200% from the listed 10+ hours of battery time;.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me

Last edited by alcimedes : 2017-01-10 at 17:41.