Thread: 2016 15" Mbp.
View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2017-01-11, 11:03

The keyboard it still annoying five days in. I'm having a hard time typing with any efficiency. I'd have presumed the shorter travel would make it easier to know that you've hit the keys, but some how it's the opposite with this keyboard.

I'm either hitting keys without realizing it while my fingers are resting in their normal locations, other times it's not registering what I think it would with a relatively light press. I have to type with about 1/3 the typical 'force' I guess you'd say in order to be 85% as fast as I used to be.

But if I start really typing out as quickly as I'm thinking, mistakes galore. I suppose I can get an external keyboard, but another reason the previous model is looking more and more tempting. I'm very used to that keyboard and found it to be a great balance between travel/effort required and haptic feedback to know you've hit a key.

I also wish that if you turned off Siri in the OS, it would remove Siri from the Touchbar. About 1/5th of the time when I go to hit the fingerprint scanner it registers a touch on the Siri button asking me AGAIN if I want to enable it. I've said no 41 times in a row, at what point will you take the hint and presume I haven't changed my mind on the 42nd time, and that while the password prompt is up, IGNORE the Siri button.

Something.

Again, this machine feels like something that was developed at the Apple campus, and never exposed to any real work flow before heading out the door.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me