Thread: 2016 15" Mbp.
View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2017-01-11, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
This customization was shown in the keynote, so I figured it was common knowledge among AN regulars.
I've stopped watching the keynotes for a while now.

I did know about the in-app customization, but even that is sadly limited. For example, in Mail.app, I have about 5 folders that 90% of my emails end up going into after they've been handled.

Bills, Work, Home, etc.

You can customize the touch bar in mail, except that your options are pretty limited.

I had hoped I'd be able to add specific mail folders to the bar.

Except my only "folder" related option is to "move to predicted folder" only the 'predicted' folder isn't predicted for crap, it's just "last folder used, or first alpha numeric in the list the first time up" . The predicted folders aren't even specific to the email account the message is tied to. My @mac.com address shows me the first three folders of my work account for example. If nothing else it should show me the first three folders related to the account in question, not some totally separate IMAP account and folder structure.

Simple stuff like being able to set the folders that appear would make the touch bar SOOOO much more useful, but from what I can tell the capability isn't there in the current revision. Seems like one of those things people using the hardware on a daily basis would have brought up as a very, very useful feature.
The control bar is cool, but feels like it wasn't really usability tested, or if it was they didn't follow the bulk of the feedback they would have received from real world users.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me