Thread: New iMacs!
View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-03-20, 15:01

There is still rumor of a new iPod Touch (which is the wrong thing*) this week. Rumor said it would be today, but I can see where "AirPods" and "iPods" could get shuffled about in a leak. Tomorrow, maybe?

* iPod Touch sales are in the tank. However, Apple will not give us the iPod we want. Instead, they will give us the iPod that sells music/apps/shows that are roughly in line with the iPhone. Still, we sell about 2 iPods/month. Not because people don't want iPods, but because what people want is the iPod Nano. Seriously, Apple, they just want a music player. For a company that claims to be all-in on music, they sure haven't got a clue what a music player is any more. Just bring back the Nano, eliminate the home button, make it full screen, Bluetooth, WiFi, and make it run some basic apps (include an SDK so the kids can have a few silly doughnut games on it). Make it $99 and they will sell like hotcakes!

And, no, it will not cut into sales of anything (Watch and iPhone included) other than the tired, nobody-wants-it-anymore iPod Touch. Even at half the price, there is more money to be made with a $99 32GB Nano than the iPod Touch. If I have my customer requests straight, it would sell 5 to 1 over the Touch.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)