View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-02-25, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
You've got the receipt that clearly shows you've been charged for four. You've not waited nine days to go back and claim money or a free cookie, right? You noticed it right then. You've got every right to ask for the money back or a fourth cookie.

How is that being a dick? As long as you don't act like one, screaming and carrying on like an idiot or making loud threats or a scene like some assbag, you're simply asking to be treated right, and getting what you pay for (or not paying for what you didn't get, in this case).
I don't know. I guess the amount is so small that asking about it does have a certain amount of stickler-ness to it. But that's fine, right? I'm not made of money, and small or not, that cookie is rightfully mine.

I went up and asked for the fourth cookie. I was practically apologizing for myself the entire time (though I didn't say I was sorry) but I'm still counting this as a personal victory. +1 Self-Confidence.

Of course, now I'm not hungry any more.

I'm not sure people without anxiety can really understand what it's like, the constant second-guessing and lack of self-trust. Like, I had to mentally rehearse what I was going to say ("Don't apologize...Say 'I think I was overcharged' instead of 'You overcharged me'...don't apologize...") and sort of "work up" to going up and asking for my damn cookie. And I actually had to go up there twice, because the first time I chickened out. (I was getting a refill, so it's not like I just stood there, moth agape, and walked out of line.) I'm sure that sounds pathetic, but I'm trying.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong