View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-09-08, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
How different is our seed with a complete new world generation? I'm just wondering how different given that it's got some very rough edges next to our current world.
Basically, you have to think of it as though it's just a totally different seed. There's nothing compatible more or less than if we were to reset the seed today and get border cliffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Personally I'm ok with a wipe, however it's such a pain. I really hope they quit changing it so bad that we feel we must start over regularly. I'm hoping to see a long last world even if we just move spawn to a new area. Sure the world will get massive, but at least we will have the world.
Yeah, I'm really on the fence about it. Maybe if we simply move spawn to a new area and "kill" everyone (have everyone unload their goods at home before we shut down to upgrade), we could force everyone to resettle for a little bit before opening portals back to the old town. That might work out nicely.

Also, if my experiments today are any indication, some of the new biomes like the clay desert and ice kingdom might be super-rare. I haven't found any yet, but I've found plenty of the kind you'd expect (various plains, various forests, rivers, oceans, hills, extreme hills).

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.