Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2015-01-04, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
And, yes...do not sell your first-generation Apple Watch (hell, Apple anything, IMO). I'm glad I held onto my 2007 first-generation iPhone. Sometimes it's just fun to get it out and mess with it. A great piece of tech history that I'm glad I had the sense to hold onto (I had someone wanting to buy it a few years back, but I declined). I'm 100% convinced this will be the kind of thing I can whip out in a group of like-minded folks in another 10-15 years and get a big reaction. Just blow a bunch of nerds away.

Looking back, I wish I'd bought two and just kept the other completely boxed-up and unused. That would be worth something one day, I think...a pristine, fully-intact (packaging, documentation, accessories) first-generation iPhone. Go on Antiques Roadshow with it!
Heck, I still have my 2001 original 5GB FireWire iPod, and a Newton MessagePad 2000. *THAT* is fun to whip out at parties when someone is crowing about their latest can't-fit-it-in-my-pants phablet. "Yeah, I said the insane size didn't matter in 1997, either..."