Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2015-04-10, 21:25

I went into the store at the Fair Oaks mall in Northern Virginia tonight and checked out the watch. I didn't realize that I could go in and use them today - only thought try-ons were occurring, but I was able to look at each model and then actually use one. My wife and I both went in without high expectations. I honestly felt like, from the keynotes and reviews, that the watch would be pretty underwhelming.

My wife and I both left feeling like we wanted to buy one right on the spot. I think we may have done so if they were available. This is especially incredible with regards to my wife's thinking because she had not even considered it necessary whatsoever, is very conservative about spending, and is generally not very techy.

The watch was way easier to use than led on by the online reviews. It's also much nicer looking in person than in online pictures, especially as it relates to the way the straps look and feel in person. It definitely seems like a very thorough considered product and not a Gen 1 item like many have said. It was smooth, fast/responsive, and beautiful.

I'd be wearing one right now if they had one in stock...

Very impressed.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration