View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-10-12, 11:39

I was reading about this some last week. People are freaking out (Robo - our resident branding monkey - is probably in such a state, he can't even bring himself to write about it...he's been strangely silent about all this, so I figure he's among the afflicted).

And maybe they should be freaking out, as that new "logo" is about the most bland, uninspiring "by committee" design I've ever seen for such a major, known outfit. It's just...weak.

I'd rather see them go back to their old school one than use this new one!

That's way more stylish and zingy than this new one. The new one looks like someone was given 12 minutes, default system fonts and PageMaker 2.0 and told "give us something cool!"

I guess I should shut up and put my money where my mouth is, but I kinda suck too and I'm not sure what I'd do (other than go back to the damn other one they had).

I might do something with all lower-case in a different, more interesting typeface...just so you can get some nice shapes and play with the "g". And, actually, the "g" and "p" kinda mirror each other, so that could be an avenue to explore, with an "a" in the middle of that particular "gap".

See? I've thought about it, casually, for a whole 55 seconds and I've already hit on a more coherent, sensible approach than this new one.