View Single Post
¡Damned!

2014-01-09, 21:21

This is probably a slight bit early, but I thought I'd nip it in the bud now. There's been a few hints that 1.8 will be all about "underground" in the same way that 1.7 was all about new above-ground terrain. New ores, new cave systems, etc. Fun, and welcome, since caves could be a lot scarier (especially for Drew ).

That said, it doesn't sound at this point like a world reboot thing, more along the lines of trimming outward chunks and letting the new stuff grow ala what we just went through.

It could be 6 months away, a year, whatever. Who knows. BUT, just so we're prepared for an eventual and unavoidable change (le sigh) I wanted to put together a quick thing for everyone to look at, plus call in the overlords for some input tech-wise:

^ This is very rough, but I took our current map and selected the 3x3 Regions area we saved before 1.7, then brought that to the edge NSEW. Then added another 1x1 region to get to Ely's place and put that on all edges. The blue square is (again, super rough) the expected Portal layout based on K's coords.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if we throw up a preemptive "don't build here unless you want it to go away" zone. Like, here's the edge of Region(s) X, build at your own risk outside of this area type thing. [edit]: Posting coords, obviously, not like a literal wall or fence or some sci-fi zapping shit.

The ultimate hope is that we can just wipe away the area around us and upgrade seamlessly to 1.8, keeping our 1.6 world and our 1.7 world intact, but you never know, especially with MC.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-01-09 at 21:42.