View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-06-30, 19:38

Well, it's kind of a "mission". We won't be alone (two kitties), so it's kind of a "get there as quickly and efficiently as possible", and the options for rambling won't be present. But this is a very close friend and we don't see each other as much these days as we used to, so I'm looking forward to just driving and catching up with her and we'll talk and enjoy the drive and the time. And I know we'll still see some beautiful sights.

Figure I might Tweet my journey, with pics and location markers throughout? I'll post a head's up on the day we leave in case anyone's just really bored...

We've got five days blocked out, so we might pull back on the 620 and just shoot for an even 500 a day and not kill ourselves. I'd like to not be completely wigged/wiped out by the third day. I recently made a 700-mile trip, solo, in one day. It was just over 12 hours and those final two, from Nashville to Chattanooga, were really rough. I was just about to go completely bonkers and zone out from the tedium, the flat, straight interstate and lack of contact/talk.

And due to my saved up Southwest points/miles, I get a free plane trip back home when I'm done out there.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2012-06-30 at 19:53.