View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-01-06, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_tj
What your worst mistake involving a computer? This does not include "using windows" "buying from Dell"

How about: "I spent over two grand on a Gateway about ten years ago"?

Seriously, I would say my biggest mistake was plunking down 4 grand on a souped up version of the PM 8500. Worst Mac I ever owned. Glitchy, impossible to upgrade because of its crappy industrial design (on the inside), and really expensive, even though I had a college kid buy it for me from my alma mater.

Other big mistakes include forgetting to back up specific, nested folders of important data before reformatting a drive to install a new system. For example, I forgot all of my MP3s in the "Music folder". Lost a shitload of files, many of which I ripped from my own CDs but meant I'd have to spend hours re-doing the rip jobs. Also lost some other important documents.

Placed a 12" Powerbook on the floor of my passenger seat so it wouldn't fall off if I had to break hard. Unfortunately I did not forsee that I should've also placed my half full 16 oz water bottle on the floor, because when I did happen to break hard out of necessity, the bottle flung itself off the seat smacked into the case and put a nice big dent in it, crunching the side down enough to prevent the CD inside from being ejected. Never did like those friggin' AL powerbook chassis with their puss-ified plastic edging.

...into the light of a dark black night.