View Single Post
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2005-01-06, 11:23

Well the worst thing to happen to my PB was having a nail clipper fall off the top of my desk and hit the open PB. It dented the aluminum case right beneath the power button, and to this day I get mad when I see it.

The worst happened when I was an intern for the Board of Ed in my county. Our current project was to clean, reformat, and install all the required software on these 6 month old white-box PC's donated from the wonderful NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission). We would recondition the PC, give it a final wipedown, and put it on a pallet with 24 of it's friends to go out to schools around the county.

Well I had just loaded the last PC onto a pallet, and I was waiting for my partner to grab the shrink wrap machine. Unbeknownst to me, the pallet jack, which was holding the pallet 2 or so inches off the ground, had a compressor leak, causing it to sink over time. As I stood there, the pallet slowly lowered itself onto my foot, and by the time I noticed that my foot was pinned down, it was too late. By the time my partner was able to get back and pump the pallet back up, my big toe was crushed two others were broken.

And to this day I hate PC's

"It's a good thing there's no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release