View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-05, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
How many people instantly thought of Paul when they saw that ad?

*/raises hand/*
Ha!

Imagine if she did one for the orange iPod shuffle...you people couldn't get me out of your head!

It was a bad commercial. Just a bit silly. I was reading online that there are some who are a bit torqued-up at the depiction of the stylist. Because, you know, there are no effeminate, catty, funky-haired hairstylists/make-up artists out there working for high-profile celebrities.

The shock.

If that's really her stylist, then what's the problem?

If, on the other hand, that was an actor they hired and instructed by some ad agency honcho to "fruit it up pretty good...hit all the stereotypes that Crow's real stylist doesn't represent", then yeah...pretty cheesy and a ham-handed stereotype.

Expect a letter from Rosie, I guess? I don't know...

Either way, it was a pretty lame commercial. Made her look a bit shallow and girly, and I've never really thought of her in that way.

Beyond that, I can't imagine the majority of the Super Bowl-watching crowd giving two flying figs about such a commercial or product. It was out of place and clashed, at best.

"Ohmigod...dude, put down the beer and come watch this! I was totally thinking about coloring my hair after the game today, but I was concerned about fading. Looks like Revlon delivered. High five!!!"

Just seemed like a spot better geared toward the Grammys or Oscars. Or one of those goofy fashion/style award shows on E! or VH-1.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-02-05 at 12:58.